If the number you want to transfer to Circles.Life is not under your own name, we'll do a transfer of ownership for you. We'll do this when you request to transfer your number through the CirclesCare app. It's super easy!
You'll be assigned a temporary number after you'ved successfully signed up if you selected to keep your number. After you receive your Circles.Life SIM card, insert it into your phone and log in to the CirclesCare app.
Before you request to transfer your number to Circles.Life, you'll need to make sure that it:
- Is a post-paid number (pre-paid numbers cannot be transferred);
- Is active with your current telco (suspended/inactive numbers cannot be transferred); and
- Does not have any outstanding balance with your current telco.
(Your number does not need to be registered under your own NRIC/ID with your current telco, since you'll be doing a transfer of ownership.)
You can head here for more details.
Once you're logged in to the CirclesCare app, here's how to initiate the transfer of your number with a transfer of ownership:
During Sign up:
Step 1: Click on 'Keep your number'
Step 2: After filling in the details, select 'No' when asked if this number is registered under your own NRIC/ID
Step 3: Complete your order and check out
After receiving your SIM card:
Step 1: Open the CirclesCare app > Settings > Port number from another telco
Step 2: Fill the fields to complete your transfer request
The transfer process will be initiated on the night of the date you choose under 'date of porting'.
Step 3: Tick "No" under the question "Registered with the donor telco under your own NRIC/ID?"
You are now able to fill in your NRIC/ID number and upload your signature. We will be changing the ownership of the number to the person this NRIC/ID number belongs to.
Continue scrolling and you will see the 'Registered Owner's Details'. This is where you upload the information and NRIC/ID of the current owner of the number (eg. your mother's NRIC/ID if your number is registered under your mother's name) along with their signature. This information needs to match what is on file with your current telco. The transfer will fail if it doesn't match!
Please make sure that all the details on the NRIC/ID picture that you upload are clear.
If your number is registered under your company, you should fill in the registered owner's details as follows:
- ‘Full name of registered owner’: Your company’s name
- NRIC/ID of registered owner’: Your company’s BRN (Business Registration Number)
- ‘Photo of registered owner’s NRIC/ID’: Fill in and upload the Transfer of Mobile Number Ownership Form for both ‘Front’ and ‘Back’.
In Section A of the Transfer of Mobile Number Ownership form, fill in the details as follows:
- ‘Full Name of Registered Owner of the above Mobile Number as in NRIC/FIN’: Your company’s name
- ‘NRIC/FIN Number of Registered Owner of above Mobile Number’: Your company’s BRN
- ‘Signature of Registered Owner of above Mobile Number’: Your company’s stamp.
Step 4: Click "Next" in the top right corner of your screen and enter your NRIC/ID to confirm your request
Step 5: Sit back and relax!
You should see the screen shown below. We'll drop you an email and a message on the CirclesCare app once the process has been initiated and again when it's complete! Please note that the time it will take to complete the transfer of ownership is dependent on your previous telco.
Still have questions? Reach out to us: